Friday, September 19, 2008

Me?? A blogger?

So I've finally decided to start a blog - something I never thought I would do. I'm more of the "write it in a diary and lock it up" type - although I'm so private with anything written down I never actually write it down in the first place - too much risk, I suppose!

But, here I am, and very excited to do this. The process of learning to be a great (or even just decent!) photographer is a long and crazy road - one that seems to go in 1,000 directions at once. It's a misunderstood road - one that I didn't comprehend when the bug bit me.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I decided that it would be great to take a picture of her every day for her entire first year. My husband and I bought a decent point and shoot camera and off I went. Snapping, snapping, snapping, and only happy with about 1 out of every 20 shots, if that. I decided to try and learn more, and quickly got myself addicted.

Now...I've had my trusty Digital SLR for six months, I'm drooling over lenses faster than my wallet wants me to, and I'm shooting my first wedding in a week! A major woo-hoo and a oh-no at the same time :)

More to come...

No comments: